We have a number of vacancies and currently recruiting for –
Skilled HGV / light Vehicle Commercial Technician
(HGV / Light Vehicle Commercial Technician) Shifts available – 06:30 – 14:30 / 13:30 – 21:30 hrs
Day shift available – 08:30 – 16:30
HGV Technicians are an essential part of our team who ensure that all our customers’ vehicles are in safe and roadworthy condition. We are looking to recruit talented Skilled HGV / Light commercial vehicle technicians who have a great customer focus and who can deliver fantastic results. The successful applicant will already be experienced within motor vehicle engineering; knowledge of either HGV and Light vehicle maintenance and repair. HGV driving licence would be an advantage although not essential.
This position requires shift working on a 5 day shift – Monday to Friday, early shift and late shift with a guaranteed 37.50 hours per week and the possibility of overtime including Saturday morning cover. We also run a dayshift 08:30 to 16:30 applicants will be considered depending on experience.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To carry out effective repairs and planned maintenance to customer’s vehicles ensuring that all repairs are to the VOSA guidelines and to those of the company’s Standard Maintenance Policy.
Making sure that on completion of repairs that all customers’ vehicles are in a safe, roadworthy and clean condition. Ensure good Working relationships with all Customers, drivers and their transport support staff.
- Ensure that all repairs are carried out effectively and economically as possible in accordance to VOSA, RTA laws, company standards, and conform to all legislation.
- Preferably a valid HGV driving licence sufficient to test all relevant vehicles. ( but not essential)
- Ensure that Safe Working practices are adhered to and that Heath and Safety of all staff is paramount.
- Promote the good name and reputation of the company at all times.
- Carry out all reasonable requests from management to satisfy the company’s peak periods and ensuring customers requirements are met.
- Be flexible and prepared, by joint agreement, to be available to cover weekend stand-by duty covering out of hour’s breakdowns and bank holiday cover.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications to C&G or NVQ standard as a minimum is essential
- Previous experience as HGV fitter and service provider is essential, the ideal candidate will possess excellent diagnostic skills and be a good communicator as there is emphasis on team working. Familiarity of the V.O.S.A requirements would be desirable.
- Nominated DVSA vehicle examiner would be desirable but not essential as training would be available on completion of a probationary period.
- A full UK driving licence is essential and an HGV class one licence is advantageous.
In return for your skills and experience:
- Excellent rate of pay
- Permanent role with a well established workshop, Authorized IVECO and Fiat dealer.
- Opportunity for advanced training covering the Iveco, Fiat and IRTEC qualifications.
To apply for this position please contact:
Please call or send your C.V to the e-mail listed below.
Chris Hughes – 0151 281 2811 firstname.lastname@example.org
South Liverpool Commercials, Woodend Avenue, Speke, Liverpool L24 9NB
Apprenticeships applications September 2018 start
Detailed Job Description – Apprenticeship
An opportunity to become part of the Iveco Apprenticeship programme as a Heavy Vehicle Service Technician. Supported throughout by a dedicated Iveco employer, this vacancy is for a 3 year Apprenticeship that will result in the successful candidate gaining the Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair qualification. As a Heavy Vehicle Technician you would be involved in a variety of tasks ranging from: Servicing and repairs, Replacing components Using specialist equipment such as electrical and electronic diagnostics Engine tuning equipment to measure performance Rectifying faults on customer’s vehicles in a busy Iveco workshop
Requirements and Prospects
GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A-C in: Maths English ICT
Please ensure you list all your qualifications, as lower grades may be considered.
No specific skills required, however an interest in heavy vehicles would be beneficial.